I'll Mobilize Nigerians Against President Buhari - Dino Melaye Battle Ready Over Fuel Subsidy

Forum 7 years ago

I'll Mobilize Nigerians Against President Buhari - Dino Melaye Battle Ready Over Fuel Subsidy

Popular senator, Dino Melaye has threatened to mobilize Nigerians against President Muhammadu Buhari if it does not revert to the old pump price of petrol within seven days.

Outspoken APC politician and senator representing Kogi west, Dino Melaye has threatened to mobilise Nigerians against the President Muhammadu Buhari-led federal government if it does not revert to the old pump price of petrol within seven days.

The influential chieftain who participated actively in the #OcuppyNigeria protests, which forced the government of former President Goodluck Jonathan to shelve the idea of removing fuel subsidy, accused the current administration of going against the campaign promises of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

Senator Dino asked the national chairman of the party, John Oyegun, to advise President Buhari to revoke the increment.

Below is what he wrote on his social media page;

Another APC lawmaker representing Kaduna central senatorial district, Senator Shehu Sani, a renowned activist, who also took part in the anti-subsidy protest in 2012, has also expressed reservation over the hike in fuel price.

"My position remains unchanged, crystal clear and unwavering; I stand opposed to the removal of petroleum subsidy and I STAND opposed to increase in pump price of petroleum products.

"It will do nothing other than add to the suffering and further impoverish the masses of our people. It amounts to capitulation and outright deception for those of us who led millions of people, out in the street, few years ago, against pump price increase and against subsidy removal to now give economic excuses to justify same," he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
New Deadpool & Wolverine Image Shows Hugh Jackman Ready for Battle
Forum | 15 hours ago

New Deadpool & Wolverine Image Shows Hugh Jackman Ready for Battle

Nigerian Govt Applying Quasi-Subsidy on Fuel Price – TUC President, Osifo
Forum | 1 day ago

Nigerian Govt Applying Quasi-Subsidy on Fuel Price – TUC President, Osifo

Israel DMW Slams Nigerians Attacking Him For Disrespecting Wizkid
Forum | 1 day ago

Israel DMW Slams Nigerians Attacking Him For Disrespecting Wizkid