So Sad!! Former Nigerian Star Aiyegbeni Dies (Photo)

Forum 7 years ago

So Sad!! Former Nigerian Star Aiyegbeni Dies (Photo)

Former Nigerian boxer Francis Aiyegbeni is dead! He was said to have passed away on Saturday May 7, at the University College Hospital, in Ibadan.

It was however disclosed that the hospitality mogul, who owned D’ Rovans hotel as well as Walan hotel had been struggling with partial stroke, as he suffered a crisis on Friday before being taken to the hospital.

The boxing enthusiast was said to have been rushed to the hospital late Friday, after he had earlier received treatment at the Police Hospital in Eleyele in the same city, but was later pronounced dead.

Confirming the sad development, the secretary general of the Nigerian Boxing Board of Control (NBB of C) Remi Aboderin said Nigeria has lost a great personality, adding that the boxing family will miss Ayegbeni a lot.

“It is on fortunate that we have lost him at this time when we need him the most,” he started. “I can tell you Francis Aiyegbeni gave so much for the development of boxing in Nigeria and it is so unfortunate we have lost him.

“Yes, Nigeria will miss him as a whole, but the boxing community will feel his absence a lot.”

Late Aiyegbeni passed-on aged 69 and is survived by wives, many children and grandchildren.

Say R.I.P to him..

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
M3GAN 2.0 Cast Adds Ahsoka Star Ivanna Sakhno in Key Role
Forum | 8 hours ago

M3GAN 2.0 Cast Adds Ahsoka Star Ivanna Sakhno in Key Role

I
Forum | 15 hours ago

I'm Grateful to Big Brother for Making Me A Star – Ilebaye

UCL: He made it easy – Vinicius Jr hails Real Madrid star after scoring 2 against Bayern
Forum | 21 hours ago

UCL: He made it easy – Vinicius Jr hails Real Madrid star after scoring 2 against Bayern

Avengelyne: Margot Robbie Eyed to Star in Rob Liefeld Adaptation, Olivia Wilde to Direct
Forum | 1 day ago

Avengelyne: Margot Robbie Eyed to Star in Rob Liefeld Adaptation, Olivia Wilde to Direct