Merriam-Webster And Dictionary.com Got Into An Amazing Twitter War

Forum 8 years ago

Merriam-Webster And Dictionary.com Got Into An Amazing Twitter War

This is what you call literary shade! The Twitter accounts for Merriam-Webster and Dictionary.com got into a mildly aggressive tiff on Monday, April 11, that got Twitter users more than excited.

On Monday afternoon, Dictionary.com tweeted a soul-warming photo of a woman clasping a mug of coffee in her two hands while sitting atop a pile of pillows with an open book next to her.
Superimposed on the image was a quote:

“I like my coffee with cream and my literature with optimism.”

A little over an hour later, the Merriam-Webster dictionary Twitter account took a jab at Dictionary.com for its very obvious error.

“There’s no cream in that coffee,” the account sassed.

Instead of engaging in a days-long back-and-forth quarrel, Dictionary.com opted to take the high road in two tweets, effectively putting an end to the calmest Twitter beef ever.

“@MerriamWebster Abigail Reynolds wrote variations of Jane Austen novels. So, this image is a variation of her quote.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Kelsey Grammer World War II Movie Murder Company Sets Release Date, Image Revealed
Forum | 1 week ago

Kelsey Grammer World War II Movie Murder Company Sets Release Date, Image Revealed

Lee Trailer Previews Kate Winslet War Photographer Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

Lee Trailer Previews Kate Winslet War Photographer Movie

I Got Money, But I Am Lonely As F*ck Cos I Miss My Mother - Skales
Forum | 1 week ago

I Got Money, But I Am Lonely As F*ck Cos I Miss My Mother - Skales

Commotion As Husband Stabs His Own Wife To Death Over Alleged Infidelity In Ekiti
Forum | 1 week ago

Commotion As Husband Stabs His Own Wife To Death Over Alleged Infidelity In Ekiti