Kayode Fayemi Wanted Ayo Fayose Out But Got Duped by Aluko - APC Youth's Statement

Forum 8 years ago

Kayode Fayemi Wanted Ayo Fayose Out But Got Duped by Aluko - APC Youth's Statement

The Ekiti APC Youths Congress (EAYC) in a statement, has alleged that the desperation of Minister of State for Solid Minerals, Kayode Fayemi, to remove the Ekiti state governor, Ayodele Fayose, from office, made him fall prey to Temitope Aluko, ex-secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

The group, which claimed that APC leaders in Ekiti were more interested in removing Fayose from office than assisting 'our party members who are hungry', said Fayemi spent millions of naira on Aluko against its warning.

A statement signed by Tope Ogunkuade, the group's convener, and Tunji Adeleye, its secretary, reads;

"We warned our party leaders that Aluko was only duping them, but they refused to listen.

"Because of APC leaders’ obsession for their ‘Fayose Must Go’ agenda, they refused to listen when they were being warned against wasting their money on Aluko. Now that Aluko has returned to Fayose, isn’t it time for our leaders to face reality and stop looking for crude means of getting Fayose out of office, and getting duped in the process?"

The youth said the party was focusing on damage control over Aluko’s meeting with Fayose, wondering why Aluko did not inform 'those who have been wasting millions of naira on him when he was going to meet Fayose.'

"If Aluko was honest, shouldn’t he have informed the likes of Dr Fayemi and Senator Babafemi Ojudu before going to meet Fayose?

"Whatever excuses that Aluko gives today, he has vindicated our position that he was only scamming our party leaders and cashing in on their desperation to return to power through the backdoor instead of preparing for 2018.

"It is however not too late for us if only our leaders will face reality, purge themselves of this their ‘Fayose Must Go’ obsession and deploy their money into assisting our party members, who are dying of hunger.

"Any further attempt to keep funding the likes of Aluko will mean that our leaders have opted to ease us out of the party and we won’t mind leaving the APC for them before they kill it with their insensitivity to the plights of our members," the statement read.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Court Again Adjourns Arraignment Of APC Chairman, Ganduje, Wife
Forum | 6 days ago

Court Again Adjourns Arraignment Of APC Chairman, Ganduje, Wife

Wanted Terror Suspect Arrested In Kenya
Forum | 1 week ago

Wanted Terror Suspect Arrested In Kenya

I Got Money, But I Am Lonely As F*ck Cos I Miss My Mother - Skales
Forum | 1 week ago

I Got Money, But I Am Lonely As F*ck Cos I Miss My Mother - Skales