Fayose Reveals Why He is Always Attacking Buhari

Forum 8 years ago

Fayose Reveals Why He is Always Attacking Buhari

The governor of Ekiti state, Ayodele Fayose has described himself as the most senior governor in Nigeria, which is why he is always attacking President Muhammadu Buhari. He revealed that because of his sense of responsibility, he is always eager to correct the president anything he errs or makes a mistake. He revealed that he has no presidential aspiration come 2019.

Speaking at an interactive forum in Lagos, Fayose said tying him with Senator Ali Sheriff, the national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP for the 2019 presidential ticket was an attempt to discredit him, even as he urged those canvassing for a second term for Buhari to have a rethink.

According to him, age is not on the side of the president. The governor at the interactive session also called on President Buhari to urgently devalue the naira to lessen the pains on Nigerians.

In dismissing assertions of a 2019 presidential aspiration, he said: “Anybody flying the kite of Sheriff and Fayose is the deceit of the highest order. Again, even if it is the Senate, I am not going to contest.

"Nobody contests the office of the Vice President you can only become the Vice President of Nigeria if God wants you to be. May I make it expressly clear that if Ali Modu Sheriff wants to contest as president of Nigeria in 2019, I will not support him, I am a man known for my words of honour.

"We must operate based on principle if our country is to move forward.” Besides, he faulted the move, saying “This is cheap blackmail orchestrated to give people the impression that I have ambition that is why I am doing all these. I am the most senior governor in Nigeria and if I were to be in a party like the APC, they will be celebrating me everyday. They (APC) know I am critical of the bad policies of the APC administration.

"Those promoting Buhari for 2019 should stop. I have told Nigerians that Buhari does not have the capacity now to govern Nigeria. What capacity will he display in seven years time? Currently as it stands, the President is challenged by age.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
One Hundred Years of Solitude Teaser Trailer Reveals Netflix Series Based on Masterpiece Novel
Forum | 2 days ago

One Hundred Years of Solitude Teaser Trailer Reveals Netflix Series Based on Masterpiece Novel

Ex-Reps Member, Nwuke Reveals Why Fubara Is Gaining Support In Rivers
Forum | 2 days ago

Ex-Reps Member, Nwuke Reveals Why Fubara Is Gaining Support In Rivers

EPL Title: Arsene Wenger reveals one advantage Arsenal have over Man City
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL Title: Arsene Wenger reveals one advantage Arsenal have over Man City

Davido Reveals He No Longer Communicates With Wizkid and Burna Boy
Forum | 2 days ago

Davido Reveals He No Longer Communicates With Wizkid and Burna Boy