Teacher Sacked and Made to Feel Like a Prostitute Over Raunchy Shots (Photos)

Forum 8 years ago

Teacher Sacked and Made to Feel Like a Prostitute Over Raunchy Shots (Photos)

A teaching assistant at a primary school has been sacked after a parent complained when they found her lingerie modelling shots. The woman identified as Gemma Laird lost her job at Bloemfontein Primary, County Durham, after the pictures were discovered, Metro reports.

She said the school was aware of her modelling work with Lexi Fashions when she applied for the job.

The 21-year-old said she was made to feel ‘like a prostitute’.

She said: ‘I had been doing really well in the job and was getting great feedback. They said I was a natural with the children.
‘After a week, I got called into the office and Laura Liddell, the headmistress, said, “I don’t want to have this conversation with you but I have to”.
‘She sat me down and said somebody had been on my Facebook page and discovered that I was doing modelling work. They had reported me for it.
‘I was told that they didn’t want to damage the school’s reputation and that people would lose respect for the school if they found out I was a model.
‘Another thing she said was that some of the pupils have low self esteem, and she didn’t want them to search for me on Facebook or Instagram.
‘She said she doesn’t want her year six pupils thinking it is acceptable to be a model. She made me feel dirty and like I was a prostitute. It’s ridiculous.’

Laura Liddell, headteacher at Bloemfontein Primary School, said all members of staff are expected to set a good example to pupils.

She said: ‘Members of staff and those on apprenticeship placement in school are expected to adhere to certain standards of behaviour, including in relation to their use of social media, and to set a good example to pupils.
‘It was brought to our attention that images which were not appropriate and which did not comply with our expected standards had been posted on social media by a newly appointed apprentice.
‘Unfortunately we felt that we had no choice but to bring the placement to an end in order to offer the person the chance to seek an alternative placement elsewhere at the earliest opportunity.’

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
I’m Not Fighting With My Successor Like Other Ex-Governors – Dave Umahi
Forum | 2 days ago

I’m Not Fighting With My Successor Like Other Ex-Governors – Dave Umahi

Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalised Like R3pe - Actor Salami
Forum | 6 days ago

Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalised Like R3pe - Actor Salami

Video of a Student And His Teacher Engaging in Heated Argument Sparks Outrage
Forum | 1 week ago

Video of a Student And His Teacher Engaging in Heated Argument Sparks Outrage

Stop Sharing Videos of Dead Colleagues Like Junior Pope - Actor Oloketuyi Warns Colleagues
Forum | 1 week ago

Stop Sharing Videos of Dead Colleagues Like Junior Pope - Actor Oloketuyi Warns Colleagues