Judge Withdraws From Bukola Saraki’s Corruption Case

Forum 8 years ago

Judge Withdraws From Bukola Saraki’s Corruption Case

Federal High Court judge, Justice Abdul Kafarati has announced his withdrawal from Senate President, Bukola Saraki’s corruption case.

According to Kafarati, he was forced to abandon the trial because his integrity was called into question.

Online platform, Sahara Reporters had earlier accused the judge of delivering “cash and carry” judgments among other things.

“It is only in this country that people can wake up and start calling people names,”Kafarati said according to The Cable.

“In the circumstance, I disqualify myself from this case. I will hereby send the case file to the chief judge for re-assignment to another judge,”he added.

Saraki had approached the court to seek the cancellation of charges of false declaration of assets brought against him by the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB).

The Supreme Court had earlier ruled that the Senate President’s trialat theCode of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) must continue.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC
Forum | 3 days ago

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC

I’ve Reported The Case To Police — Skiibii Denies TikToker Nickie Dabarbie’s Money Ritual Claim
Forum | 6 days ago

I’ve Reported The Case To Police — Skiibii Denies TikToker Nickie Dabarbie’s Money Ritual Claim

IGP Withdraws All Policemen Attached to Fleeing Kogi ex-Governor Yahaya Bello
Forum | 6 days ago

Forum | 1 week ago