"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Happening Now: Kanu Agabi Leads 79 Lawyers for Bukola Saraki as He Appears in CCT for Trial

Forum 8 years ago

Happening Now: Kanu Agabi Leads 79 Lawyers for Bukola Saraki as He Appears in CCT for Trial

The alleged false asset declaration and corruption trial of Senate President, Bukola Saraki, is currently ongoing at the Code of Conduct Tribunal in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki has arrived at 9:54 am this Friday morning at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) where he is facing charges of alleged false asset declaration and corruption.
His bid to thwart the trial failed after the Supreme Court ruled that the tribunal had powers and was properly constituted to hear the case against Saraki, a former governor of Kwara State.
Last Friday, the tribunal adjourned the case by a week as it took the decision after Saraki’s new lawyer, Kanu Agabi, asked the judges to rule first on the senate president’s objection to the powers of the tribunal to try him.
Saraki’s counsel, Agabi, said there were 80 lawyers on his team, saying his client would surely emerge winner in the event of a voting contest.
“We are 80 of us on this side, my lord. At some point let the matter be put to vote,” he said.
We’ll be bringing you more details of proceedings in today’s court session.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Hot Frosty: Lacey Chabert Leads Netflix Holiday Rom-Com
Forum | 2 days ago

Hot Frosty: Lacey Chabert Leads Netflix Holiday Rom-Com

Court Adjourns Emefiele’s Trial Till May 9 As EFCC Files Additional Evidence
Forum | 1 week ago

Court Adjourns Emefiele’s Trial Till May 9 As EFCC Files Additional Evidence

I Know What
Forum | 1 week ago

I Know What's Happening to Wizkid - Yul Edochie Claims